|J.Jasinskio g. 11, LT-01111 Vilnius, tel. +370 5 249 6517, el. p. email@example.com|
Jolanta Knyvienė, Principal
Dana Kanclerienė, Vice-Principal for Studies
Daiva Savčiukienė, Vice-Principal for Studies
Ramunė Vosylienė, Vice-Principal for Studies
Rimantas Kynas, Vice-Principal for School Economy
Gymnasium provides basic and secondary education for students of age 14-19.
In the year 1993 on the initiative of Vilnius Pedagogical University on the premises of former kindergarten an exclusive University school in the city was founded. Right away the school became the centre of deployment of modern methodology, application of new coursebooks, co-operation of lecturers and teachers, trainee teachers practice arena,and the place where conferences and seminars were held. In the year 1997 the school was reorganized into secondary school and was awarded Simonas Daukantas name. The school had the first graduates in 1999-2000.
With the increase of students number, the school premises became too small. In 2001 the school moved to bigger premises in Naugarduko str.7. In 2007 Vilnius Ąžuolas primary school was incorporated into our school. From September 1, 2007 year 1-8 students attend school in Naugarduko str.7, year 9-12 students in J.Jasinskio str.11.
In March 2009 Vilnius Simonas Daukantas secondary school was awarded gymnasium status.
Vitae, non scholae discimus
(We study for life but not for school)
Secure space for the development of each student, learning to create their own future responsibly.
1. provides year 9-12 students with modern education of high quality, pursuing the second part of curriculum of basic education and curriculum of secondary education;
2. elevates general knowledge/abilities and competence, preparing students for continual education;
3. allows the students of different abilities and needs to develop according to their potential and needs;
4. applies modern technologies in the process of education;
5. implements partnership with Vilnius Pedagogical University and other social partners;
6. ensures the succession of Lithuanian nation and culture, raises responsible citizens.
THE AIMS OF GYMNASIUMS PROCEEDINGS FOR 2011 - 2012
Providing quality education for students of different abilities and inclinations.
Year 2009 2010
(number of teaching hours (45 min.) per week, per grade)
Year 11 and 12 students choose their programme of 28 to 32 teaching hours per week, including subjects from different academic areas to be studied over two years. Minimum 9 subjects are taken at extended level (A) or at standard level (B). Different number of teaching hours is alloted per subject and per level.
|2010 © D&G DESIGN STUDIO|